Designed for ultra high-resolution secure card printing
Premium quality retransfer card printer
Matica’s XID8600 is a premium quality printer, perfectly suited for the most demanding ID card programs requiring high definition and high security printing. Its 600dpi printhead delivers outstanding image quality combined with security printing, including microtext and covert UV printing to increase the number of Visual Security Elements (VSEs) on the card.
Built on the established XID series print engine, the XID8600 is durable and reliable. This, in combination with its high security print options, large capacity ribbons (1000 images) and its ability to print on durable card materials such as PC and ABS, make it ideal for high-volume secure government ID schemes, including driver’s licenses and national ID cards.
- 600 x 600dpi dual-sided printing
- 200 card input feeder / output hopper
- Robust and durable print engine
- Consistent print quality on multiple card surfaces/materials
- High capacity consumables (1000 images)
- Security printing including microtext and UV
- Up to 125 cards per hour
- USB and Ethernet
- Secure government ID card programs
- Increased card security
- Mid to high volume desktop issuance
- Inline contact chip and contactless smart card encoding
- Inline single or dual-sided lamination
- Inline magnetic stripe encoding
- Secure UV printing
Tailored, secure retransfer printing
The XID8600 can be customized according to a project’s precise requirements. Both internal and external modules can be added to suit the required usage. Since sophisticated ID card applications normally require personalization on both sides of the card, the standard XID8600 model comes equipped for duplex printing, due to the factory-fitted built-in flipper module. A 200-card feeder and output hopper (for cards with a standard thickness of 0.76 mm) is similarly integrated.
For secure technology based cards, an inline contact or contactless chip encoder, as well as a magnetic stripe encoder are also available. The XID8600 can be seamlessly connected to single or dual-sided inline lamination modules (Matica’s ILM-LS or ILM-DS) to increase the durability and tamper-resistance of cards.
Watch the XID8600 video
Up to 125 cph (single-sided)
ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo
(factory fit only)
Smart card / contactless
Contact PC/SC, EMV compliant.
Smart contact: ISO 7816-2. Contactless: ISO14443A, B, ISO15693, MIFARE®, DESFire®, HID iClass®
Format and materials
PVC, PVC-C, PET-F, PET-G, ABS, PC
0.25 mm – 1.02 mm
(10 mil – 40 mil)
(Hopper adjustment required)
200 cards (0.76mm)
100 card (0.76mm)
100 card reject bin
Printer dimensions (L x W x H)
343 x 322 x 360 mm
(13.5″ x 12.6″ x 14.1″)
(excluding optional built-in items)
|ChromXpert Diamond||YMCK||1000 prints||PR000816|
|ChromXpert Diamond||YMCKK||750 prints||PR000817|
|ChromXpert Diamond||YMCKUv||750 prints||PR000813|
|ChromXpert Diamond||K||2200 prints||PR000815|
|ChromXpert Diamond||RT Film||1000 prints||PR000819|
|ChromXpert Platinum||YMCKPo||750 prints||DIC10218|
• To ensure print quality and card durability, printhead lifespan and overall printer reliability, use chromXpert ribbons only.
• Supply cores and cassettes are recyclable. Packaging is recycled.