The game changer for secure ID card issuance
A major advance for high-speed, high-definition security printing
The XID-M600 combines enhanced speed with high-definition security printing, making it ideal for secure government issuance programs such as National IDs or driving licenses.
Its 600dpi resolution printhead is optimized for complex graphical layouts including microtext and 1D, 2D and QR barcodes. Its retransfer printing technology enables vivid colors, full coverage of the card surface and the ability to print on smart cards and a range of card materials.
Built on Matica’s brand new, proprietary, next-generation retransfer printing engine, the XID-M600 is Matica’s fastest retransfer printer yet, with speeds of more than 165 color cards per hour achievable with no compromise whatsoever on print quality. A dual hopper version of the printer is available, enabling users to issue two different card types on-demand – for example, a driving license and a vehicle registration card.
Lamination options are available thanks to full compatibility with the Matica MC-L2 laminator.
- Highest quality over-the-edge 600dpi printing
- Up to 165 color cards per hour
- Versatility – including dual-sided upgrade, dual hopper version, printer locking, multiple encoding and lamination options
- Robust, reliable build quality
- Extensive consumables program, including secure ribbons
- 3 years warranty (lifetime printhead cover)
- Secure ID projects and government-distributed issuance program
- Complex graphical layouts including microtext and 1D, 2D and QR bar codes
- High-quality printing on to smart cards and diverse card substrates
- Mid to high-volume card issuance
- Dual-sided activation option
- Dual input hopper – Extra 200 cards (special printer version only)
- Printer locking – Electromagnetic and manual options
- Multiple encoding options
- Inline lamination – Single or dual-side module upgrade
- Secure print ribbons
- WiFi and single-wire encoding upgrades
- Reject bin
XID-M600 feature overview
Single input hopper
Easy to use
Single or dual-side (optional)
Up to 165cph (YMCK, single-side, batch)
56 x 88mm over-the-edge (CR-80 cards)
Format and materials
• 1x 200 cards
• Single card manual feed
0.25mm – 1.25mm
10mil – 50mil
Ethernet 10BaseT, 100BaseT
• LCD touch panel
• Easy handling ribbon cassettes
• Automatic ribbon identification and setting
Lifetime printhead cover
(L x W x H)
351 x 428 x 279mm
13.8” x 16.8” x 11”
Electromagnetic locking of card hoppers and consumables bay
Manual locking of reject bin
Dual input hopper
Extra 200 cards (special printer version only)
100-card reject bin
Smart card/ contactless
• Contact PC/SC, EMV compliant (optional)
• Smart contact station: ISO 7816-2 (optional)
• ISO14443A, B, ISO15693, MIFARE®, DESFire®,
HID iClass® (optional)
Features coming soon
SO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2 (factory fit option)
New game-changing features
Dual input hoppers
A dual 2x 200 card input hopper printer version is also available. This enables users to issue two different card types on-demand – for example, a driver’s license and a vehicle registration card.
Onboard Linux-based embedded PC
Enables Ethernet connectivity and the straightforward upgrade to WiFi capability or to single-wire encoding.
Modular design for inline card lamination
The MC-L2 laminator module is the ideal solution to enhance the durability and security of cards printed on the XID-M600 retransfer printer. Easy to install and operate, the MC-L2 works inline with the XID-M600 to laminate cards at exceptional speeds, laminating both sides of the card in less than 20 seconds thanks to the simultaneous dual-side lamination process.
• To ensure print quality and card durability, printhead lifespan and overall printer reliability, use chromXpert ribbons only.
• Supply cores and cassettes are recyclable. Packaging is recycled.